All on 4
If you are considering an All on 4 procedure you got to the right place. We understand that going through any medical procedure might be stressful, and if you have to spend a considerable amount of money that feeling might get worst. Despite the importance of being fully informed before making any decisions there is surprisingly not enough good information out there on this topic.
This is why we prepared this especially for you. We have gathered all the information you may wanna review before committing to this dental procedure. We have included information from our dental experts, general concerns, pros and cons and even estimates of the cost depending on where are you getting it done. Now, we really hope this answers as many question as you may have but if, for any reasons, you still have further doubts don´t hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to assist you.
¿What is it an All on 4?
The All on 4 is a cost efficient and highly successful technique, that provides a plausible solution for patients with broken, decayed or compromised teeth. It is also a solution for toothless patients. As the name refers, All On 4 stands for all your teeth being supported on four dental implants.
The All on 4 has been around for more 20 years already and it has been backed up by hundreds of thousands of satisfied patients all over the world. This approach, as it, was first successfully implemented by Dr. Paulo Malo in 1998.
All On 4 Pros and cons
As we stated before the all on 4 is a safe, cost efficient and a high success rate procedure. It has been widely tested and approved by professionals and patients all around the world, so there are not as much cons as you could imagine. Nevertheless we made the effort to list some of the most important pros and cons you could want to consider if planning to receive an all on 4 intervention.
Some of the pros are:
- Time Efficient: You receive a full set of new teeth in only one day, with only one surgery.
- Cost Efficient: Thanks to the All on 4 approach you can save a considerable amount of money without undermining the quality of the procedure.
- Alternatives: You are not tied to a single option, there are several alternatives where you can pick from. A lot of specialized clinics offers this procedures and the cost will vary depending on the location. If you are looking to save money and have a pleasant trip , Costa Rica could be just what you are looking for.
- Doesn´t requires bone grafting: This is a great benefit. The bone grafting is a procedure usually needed for other dental implants, it may involve some risk and it demands a recovery time that vary from a couple of weeks up to at least two month. It may also require little to no exercise in a six month period.
- Self-Steem: This is a major benefit. The all-on-4 provides you a fully functional, esthetic set of teeth. Once you have it, you won´t stop smiling. We have seen this one time and another and our patients always walk out feeling better than ever. Check out our patients testimonials to see it for yourself.
All-on-4 dental implants have worked for many people, but they may not be best for you. Some dentists dissuade patients from choosing All-on-4 dental implants for the following reasons:
- When teeth are all placed on the same day, you will not be able to test the teeth for their appearance, comfort, or bite.
- All-on-4 dental implants cannot be placed in the molar areas of the mouth where bite force is greatest.
- It demands a high level of bone to hold implants in place.
- The procedure is not recommended for pregnant women, persons with bruxism or with a suppressed immune system. If you want to check with our expert staff if this procedure is the right fit for your needs leave us your info and will come back to you with answers and advice.
All on 4 Costs
This is not a simple question to answer, nevertheless it is one of the most important ones, so we made an extra effort to gather as much information as possible about it.
The all on 4, despite being a cost efficient procedure it still represents a considerable amount of money. There are several alternatives that can give you the exact same procedure, with premium results by a fraction of the price. Don´t worry, it may sound sketchy, but it doesn’t necessarily means that because is cheaper the results or quality won´t be the same.
One great alternative to the high rates in the U.S is to go abroad, according to medigo Poland and Costa Rica are two of the best options when it comes to the price. United States and United Kingdom both rank at the top as the most expensive countries to receive an all on 4 treatment.
You may want to review some options, but here is a list why should definitely consider Costa Rica if you are committed to receiving this procedure without spending more than you should.
- Direct Flights: There are direct flights coming to Costa Rica from the United States every single day, with a reasonable prices and no more than a 5 hour flight you will be able to make it to Costa Rica with no extra worries.
- Language: Costa Rican´s or Tico´s usually have a good English. As the language is mandatory since school and it is the second language, it is going to be easy to communicate everywhere you go.
- Cost: Costa Rica is one the best places to receive dental treatments because of its affordable rates.
- Natural beauty: Most of our patients loves to make the most out of their trips. Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with beaches and touristic attractions with and hour drive distance. If you are here to take care of your dental health you might as well give yourself a treat, right?
Prices may range from $12.000 to $28.000 or more, it’s going to vary depending on where you are getting it, among other factors. We prepared a special offer that costs $14.000 and includes 2 visits to Costa Rica, airport transportation, accommodations offers and a touristic trip from our list.
All on 4 Procedure
There are two stages of the process:
The first stage process involves five day of appointment. The procedure uses two straight front implants and two back implants tilted up to 45 degrees to take maximum advantage of existing bone in order to avoid a sinus lift surgery.
After the surgery treatment we place the temporary denture fixed to the new implants.
The second Stage on All On 4 package treatment can take about two weeks. This appointment involves the aesthetic verification and the final structure. The final result will be a fully functional set of teeth that looks natural, enhances self-confidence and allows to enjoy favorite foods once again.
By tilting the two posterior implants, the bone-to-implant contact is enhanced, providing optimized bone support even with minimum bone volume. Additionally, tilting of implants in the maxilla allows for improved anchorage in better quality anterior bone. Furthermore, the implant design from Nobel Biocare allows bicortical anchorage in the cortical bone of the sinus wall and the nasal fossa.
Tilting of the posterior implants also helps avoid vital structures and results in a better distribution of implants along the alveolar crest, which optimizes load distribution and allows for a final prosthesis with up to 12 teeth.
All On 4 Recovery Time
One of the most common question is this. The recovery time in fact will be pointed to you for the specialist, and it will depend on some things as your age, overall health, if you have diabetes or are a heavy smoker, among other factors. In general terms the recovery time may range from 2 days to 2 weeks, and the additional cares and diet will be carefully explained by our expert staff.
As stated before, as part of your recovering period our staff will assess you and give you specific instructions on which foods are safe and which should you avoid. As a starter you will likely be asked to follow a liquid diet, as time passes by, a couple weeks, you can make a smooth transitions to a soft diets including pastas or cooked vegetables.
Discomfort and other concerns
Swelling and some initial discomfort is quite normal after the first days of the procedure. Our expert staff and specialized doctors will take a great care of you during and after the procedure. A sedative will provided during the procedure and pain medications afterwards. You should follow any provided instructions and indications as prescribed to minimize post-operative discomfort.